There as so many different levels of coaches:
- Experience: Coaches with 0 years of playing/coaching experience to coaches who have played and/or coached for decades.
- Level: Recreational (House) or Competitive (Comp) teams
- Age (of players): Younger (K-8 grades) or Older (high schoolers and collegiates)
Instepper has something for every coach!
Click on the link that best describes you.
Less Experience; Recreational; Younger
- Review the Heart & S.O.U.L. Challenge. Your players must understand how to apply the most important FUNdamental skill in soccer--the FIRST TOUCH. It's as important as catching a ball in baseball/softball.
- Review the other Challenges:
- Dream BIG! wants your players to Dream BIG! both on the pitch and off.
- GO AL, GOAL! focuses on goals. Who doesn't like scoring goals?
- Introduce these Challenges at your next practices.
- If your Club has an Instepper Mentoring Program, consider using the Mentors to reinforce good FUNdamental skills.
- Teaching and reinforcing FUNdamentals using the proper mechanics is setting up your players for future successes
- Instepper Challenges and other exercises with practices and the season memorable and FUN!
- If you'd like, your entire season can be built around the 10-session FIRST-TOUCH course, including the homework assignments, where most learning will occur.
- The Instepper Challenges are a great way to measure improvement over the course of the season.
- Coaching is much easier when players can receive the ball consistently and confidently.
More Experience; Competitive; Older
- Review the Heart & SOUL Challenge. Are all your players, including your keeper using the proper FIRST-TOUCh mechanics.
- Review the DREAM BIG! and GO AL, GOAL! Challenges. They are old enough and experienced enough to run these Challenges at their next practices. Use these Challenges to measure skill level.
- Start reinforcing the importance of 2-touch soccer by introducing Tutti 2T, Good Footie as each of your practices.
- If your team FUNdraisers, consider having an Instepper Day and/or starting an Instepper Mentoring Program.
- With an improved and more confident FIRST-TOUCH, you can spend more time coaching and improving other aspects of your players' game.
- You can now better help them reach their full playing potential.
- Your team will improve. Your team will win more games.
- You can challenge your players to improve outside of practice. There is only so much you can teach them during practices and games.
- Working on fundamentals can be boring. Incorporating Instepper Challenges throughout the season can bring new and fun exercises that will help improve many FUNdamental skills, not just the FIRST-TOUCH.
- Use Challenges to encourage and record improve.
- Use Challenges at tryouts to instantly gauge skills levels and leadership qualities.
- By having your players also be Instepper Mentors:
- Their FIRST-TOUCH will improve even more. After all, "Teaching is the Best Teacher!"
- You will give them the opportunity to develop soft skills that they can use both on and off the field.
- Your team will become a closer, more cohesive team and take on more ownership and responsibilities.
- Your team will be become more communicative on the field.
- Mentoring is a great way to lessen the stresses of practices and games and will help avoid burnout.