I just finished watching Gol TV\’s top 100 goals for 2009. Here are my thoughts:
- 10-12 were chip shots over the goalie. I love it when players play with their heads up and are aware of their surroundings.
- 6-8 where beautiful bicycle kicks. I never get tired of seeing these beautiful goals.
- I never remember seeing goals scored like this when I was younger. The long-distance shots are just incredible.
- 10-12 of the goals were from free kicks. While these goals are a thing of beauty, they are all pretty much the same.
- I did not see any goals from the Premier League … I guess Gol TV does not carry the rights to show or telecast those games.
- What about headers? Though I am not a big fan of headers at the youth level, there is nothing prettier than seeing goals scored off of headers that are low and in the corners. I guess Gol TV does not agree.
- I do agree with the #1 for 2009. The nerve, audacity, and boldness Grafite displayed in attempting his back-heel shot is phenomenal. The lead-up to the shot is pretty good as well. It is a well-deserved honor.